Khamis, Disember 29, 2011

A prayer



Let me do my work each day and if the darkened hours of despair overcome me may i not forget the strength that comforted me in the desolation of other times

May i still remember the bright hours that found me walking over the silent hills of my childhood or dreaming on the margin of a quiet river when a light glowed within me and I promised my early God to have courage amid the temptest of the changing years

Spare me from bitterness and from the sharp passion of unguarded moments

May I not forget that poverty and richest are of the spirit

Though the world knows me not may my thoughts and actions be such as shall keep me friendly with myself

Lift up my eyes from the earth and let me not forget the uses of stars Forbid that i should judge others lest I condemn myself Let me not follow the clamor of the world but walk calmly in my path

Give me a few friends who will love me for what i'am and keep ever burning before my vagrant steps the kindly light of hope

And though age and infirmity overtake me and i come not within sight of the castle of my dreams teach me still to be thankful for life and for time's olden memories that are good and sweet and may the evening's twilight find me gentle still

               -Max Ehrmann (1872-1945)-

  


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

Tiada ulasan:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...